Planning and purchasing for events happens long before the event begins and is based on pre-registration. Consequently, refunds are made on a staggered scale as outlined below. This refund policy is applicable to all activities where the Greater Alabama Council collects a fee or a deposit. Example events include: Scouts BSA Summer Camp, Cub Scout Events, Cub Scout Day Camp, and District Events.
1. Refund requests will only be considered if submitted via the online form below or by regular mail sent to:
Greater Alabama Council, Boy Scouts of America
516 Liberty Parkway
Birmingham, AL 35242
2. Refund Guidelines:
a. Any required deposits shall be non-refundable.
b. Refund of fees, outside of a deposit, will be granted less the program cost recovery fee according to the following scale:
c. For events where you register as a unit, registrations are transferable within the same unit to a Scout or adult leader not currently registered for the activity.
3. No refund requests will be accepted after ten (10) days following the end of the applicable activity.
4. Approved refunds will be processed within thirty (30) days of their receipt in writing and made either by check or by credit card reversal, at the discretion of our council staff, to the original payer for individual registrations or the unit, in care of the reservation contact, for group reservations.
5. If an activity is cancelled or postponed by our council or a district and the participant cannot attend on the alternate date, the full fee will be refunded.
6. Refunds or transfers will not be granted for those that register for an event and choose to not attend, arrive late, or depart early.
7. Recognizing that we are here to “help other people at all times,” regardless of the policies set out above, full or partial refunds may be granted for special hardship cases. Special hardship cases may include personal illness or family emergencies.
Policy effective as of: 11/1/19