|Para información en español, Oprima Aquí|
GREATER ALABAMA COUNCIL REFUND/CANCELLATION POLICY
Scouts or adults unable to attend an event due to an accident, illness or death in the immediate family, family relocation or a summer school related issue may request a refund, less a 20% service fee. All refund requests are to follow these procedures:
1. All refund requests must be submitted in writing to the Greater Alabama Council, P.O. Box 43307, Birmingham, AL 35243 no later than two weeks after the conclusion of the event.
2. To be included in the request: Name and date of the event, name of the participant for which the refund is sought, the amount paid to date, the receipt number if available, the unit number and name and address of the unit leader.
3. A $100 Summer Camp campsite deposit is not refundable in the event of cancellation. The initial Summer Camp deposit of $75.00 is not refundable but may be transferred from one Scout to another within a Troop. All deposits will be credited toward the balance of the fees due. The same policy applies for payments for Cub Scout and Venturing events and activities. All transfer requests must be made in writing one week prior to all events.
4. Refunds are issued due to accident, illness, death in the immediate family; family relocation or a summer school related issue. “No Shows” will not receive a refund.
5. Refunds or transfers will not be granted for those that register for an event and choose to arrive late or depart early.
6. Inthe event a unitwrote one check for multiple participants all refunds will be sent to the unit leader for appropriate distribution.
7. Cancellation of Council events at Greater Alabama Council properties due to severe weather will be based on a variety of factors including the recommendation of the local Emergency Management Authority, onsite storm shelter availability and the event leadership, both volunteer and professional.