|Para información en español, Oprima Aquí|
2017 Arrowhead Merit Badge Academy
Arrowhead Merit Badge Academy
Saturday, April 29th, 2017
Calhoun Community College - Decatur Campus (Click for Map)
Harris Hall (Building 16). Turn East from US-31 onto Airport Road. Take first road to the left to Harris Hall (Campus Map)
Cost: $15 (Includes patch and lunch)
All Boy Scouts are welcome to attend the Arrowhead Merit Badge Academy.
Merit Badges offered include: American Labor, Animal Science, Animation, Architecture, Art, Astronomy/Space Exploration, Automotive Maintenance, Aviation, Cit-Community, Cit-Nation, Cit-World, Collections, Communications, Digital Technology, Disabilities Awareness, Electricity/Electronics/Radio, Emergency Prepardness, Engineering, Entrepreneurship, Family Life, First Aid, Fish & Wildlife Management, Forestry, Genealogy, Geocaching, Orienteering, Personal Management, Photography, Robotics, Textiles, Weather, and Welding
An Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops (ILST) course will also be offered.
Notes for Adult Leaders:
1. Registration will open on Friday March 10th using your Troop account on Tentaroo (gac.tentaroo.com), the same system used for Camps Comer and Sequoyah. If Troops need help recovering their passwords or establishing an account, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Click here for Tentaroo User instructions. Registration will close at midnight on Sunday April 23rd.
2. Adults (including Merit Badge counselors) who will be at the event should also register on Tentaroo. There is no cost for adult registration. Lunch may be pre-ordered for a cost of $8.00, and a patch may be pre-ordered for $3.00.
3. Several of the merit badges have pre-requisites which must be done in advance in order to complete the merit badge at Merit Badge Academy. Please click here to learn the pre-requisites and share them with your Scouts.
4. Cub Scout Shooting Sports Training will be offered in conjunction with Merit Badge Academy. For more information, click here.
5. Some merit badges include a field trip. Transportation will be provided, but a signed permission form is required. Check the pre-requisites to determine if a permission form is required, and if so download the form here and make sure it is completed and with the Scout on arrival at Merit Badge Academy.